Saturday, September 11, 2010

Brunhilda and Borris at Lover's Leap

.

Miss Keetha wrote this story about us over on her blog and has kindly agreed to let us post it over here on our OWN blog.

Thanks, Miss Keetha!


Yesterday when Sister Pam, dad and I went to hike in Wildcat Mountain State Park,


I discovered a couple of stowaways. Seems they weren't very happy about being left out of yesterday's romp to the old swimming hole.

Brunhilda made sure she had the BEST pocket, one where there was no danger of my shirt tail obstructing her view.


Borris was just glad to escape the confines of their purse conveyance and get out into the open air.


When we arrived at the park, Pam and Dad set out down a steep path strewn with loose gravel and little log "steps." (None of my photos do justice to the depth)

I was wearing my flip flops so I chose to stay safely at the TOP lest I lose my footing and roll, head over heels, all the way to the bottom.


As Pam and dad disappeared down into the dale,


Brunhilda and Borris jumped out of my pockets, planted themselves in the middle of the path, and let me know in no uncertain terms that they were NOT going to be happy just pocket sitting.

I assured them they were shortly going to be enjoying Look Out Point.


At first the Bearsaltandpeppers were silent and in awe of the beauty they could see over the guard rail at "Lover's Leap."


Then Brunhilda, ever the adventurous she-bear, cajoled Borris into climbing OVER the rail with her. There they sat, teetering on the brink of disaster.


Brunhilda still wasn't satisified. She climbed right to the edge.

I heard Borris begging her to come back. He tried to convince her to be reasonable.


But she turned her back on him and strutted right out to the very rim.


A few minutes later she found a swaying branch and took a "lover's leap" right into it. All Borris could do was put his paws over his eyes and shudder.


Finally she came back onto the wall, but insisted on standing right on the edge to pose for her picture.

I heard Borris mumble under his breath, "Honestly, I can't take her ANYWHERE!"

(First posted at The Eclectic Company on July 3, 2010)


.

No comments: